Date of Last Revision: December 9, 2009
Children under the age of 13
YouBioIt.com does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for YouBioIt.com or send any information about yourself to us, including your Full name, address, telephone number, Gender, Place of Origin or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on YouBioIt.com. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any information of or about a child under 13, please contact us immediately and report it.
Children Between the Ages of 13 and 18
We recommend that minors over the age of 13 and under 18 ask their parents or legal guardian/s for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and/or through YouBioIt.com or any of its featured services.
Your Personal Information
- You can read and watch public (those marked as non-private) articles and pictures respectively without having a YouBioIt.com Account.
- Certain other activities on YouBioIt.com like writing articles, writing polls, submitting pictures, posting comments, participating in the Friend Users network or voting, require you to have a YouBioIt.com Account. We ask for some personal information when you create a YouBioIt.com Account, (like your email address, Full name, Date of Birth, Gender, City of Origin, State/Province of Origin, Country of Origin) which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- We may record information about your usage, such as when you use YouBioIt.com, the articles you write, your favorites, the contacts you communicate with, and the frequency and size of data transfers, information you display or click on in YouBioIt.com, as well as activities like YouBioIt.com site recommendations or certain YouBioIt.com's page recommendations to thirdparties.
- Any personal information that you voluntarily disclose online (on articles, discussion boards, comments, pictures, in messages or any other activities provided by YouBioIt.com including your profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
- If you believe that we might have any information of any type about you or any other user that is false or discloses personal information without the express authorization of the person it refers to, independently of its origin or how it has been provided or published, please contact us immediately and report it.
Uses of Personal Information
- When YouBioIt.com collects personally identifiable information from you it is because you are voluntarily submitting personally identifiable information to us during the Registration process in order to become a Member of YouBioIt.com. We may also collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to participate in eventual activities provided by YouBioIt.com like sweepstakes, contests, and surveys, because you want us to furnish you with products, services, newsletters, or information, or in connection with content or suggestions you submit to YouBioIt.com for review.
- In addition, we collect other information like IP address, aggregate user data, and browser type. This data is used to manage and improve the Services provided by YouBioIt.com, track usage, and for security purposes.
- The Profile Information in a Member’s profile is provided at the user's sole discretion and is upon the user's decision to display it publicly.
- YouBioIt.com Members can change their Profile disclosed data in the Profile Personal Information (Info) section (info like Full Name, Birth Date, Gender, City of origin, State/Province of Origin, Country of Origin) at any time and can control how Visitors, other Members and YouBioIt.com communicate with them by controlling their account settings, available within the “Edit Profile” portion of their YouBioIt.com profile
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing, technical or administrative purposes (like notifying you of major YouBioIt.com Site changes).
- Each time a Friend User Network activity concerning you directly or indirectly or connected in any ways to your Username, is performed, a notification email is sent to the email address you provided us during the registration process.
- YouBioIt.com employees, agents and contractors must have a business reason to obtain access to your personally identifiable information. YouBioIt.com may share your personally identifiable information with those who help us manage or provide YouBioIt.com Services’ information activities (for instance message board administration, statistical analyses, data processing), or with outside contractors, agents or sponsors who help us with the administration, judging and prize fulfillment aspects of contests, promotions and sweepstakes.
This information will be only provided to a Third party not mentioned before in the following cases:
In case of legal obligation to do so.
In case there is a competent Court Order demanding or asking for this information.
Information that is Publicly displayed
- When you create an account on the site, some information about your account and your account activity will be provided to other Users of the site. This may include the date you opened your account, the date you last logged into your account, and personal information that you can also choose to hide and do not display publicly (Full Name, Date of Birth, Gender, City of Origin, State/Province of Origin, Country of Origin), the number of articles you have watched, the number of points you have accumulated, the list of friend users you have or the number of articles you have submitted.
- Your username (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you engage in certain activity on the site, such as you submitting articles or send messages through the YouBioIt.com user contact service. Other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
- Any articles that you submit to YouBioIt.com may be redistributed through the internet and other sites, and may be viewed by the general public. If you choose to display some or all of your personal information, other users may see that you, as identified by your username (not your email address), are reading the same article as them at the same time.
- You have the option to make your articles and/or pictures uploaded, available exclusively for friend users, thus, those who are not part of your friends list will not be able to view the content uploaded as private.
Third Party Advertisers
We do not provide any personally identifiable information to these third party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks YouBioIt.com to show an advertisement to a certain audience or audience segment and you respond to that audience or audience segment for advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the YouBioIt.com Site, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
A pixel tag is a tiny image inserted in a webpage and used to record the number and types of views for that page. We may allow third party pixel tags to be present on YouBioIt.com Services for purposes of advertising, providing services or data and statistics collection.
You can program your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent, block third party cookies or block all cookies. However, by blocking all cookies you may not have access to certain features on the YouBioIt.com Services.
Links to other sites
User Account Delete or Termination
Notices and Revisions